Moving Image Announces 2013 Selections for First Look Showcase
Past Articles by This Author:
David Richard Gallery Presents Beverly Fishman's ?Wavelength?, 5/17Jean Gillies Reveals New Interpretation of Art in BOTTICELLI'S PRIMAVERACorbis Images Unveils CRAVE iPad App and WebsiteChicago Museum Presents Fire in My Heart: The Story of Hannah Senesh TodayRoof Garden Installation by Imran Qureshi Opens at Met Museum TodayJohn Lees Exhibition to Open at Betty Cunningham Gallery, 5/16Western National Parks Association Hosts MDA Art Collection ExhibitJoyner Waddington's Spring Auction Features Artwork by Canada's Most Celebrated Historical and Post-War Artists, 6/3Target First Saturday Continues 6/1Think Tank Photo's New Mirrorless Mover Camera Bag Collection is Introduced
- Gabriel Abrantes, Birds (Zwazo), 2012, 17 mins. Portugal
- María Alché, Noelia, 2012, 14 mins. Argentina
- Thom Andersen, Reconversion (Reconversão), 2012, 68 mins. Portugal
- Thomas Arslan, In The Shadows, 2010, 85 mins. Germany
- James Benning, Easy Rider, 2012, 95 mins. U.S.
- Mati Diop, shorts retrospective: Atlantiques, 2009, 15 mins.; Snow Canon, 2011, 33 mins.; Big in Vietnam, 2012, 28 mins. France
- Bruno Dumont, Outside Satan, 2011, 110 mins. France
- Eloy Enciso, Arraianos, 2012, 70 mins. Spain
- Pedro González-Rubio, Inori, 2012, 60 mins. Japan
- João Rui Guerra da Mata, As the Flames Rose, 2012, 26 mins. Portugal
- Jang Kun-jae, Sleepless Night, 2012, 65 mins. South Korea
- Kongdej Jaturanrasamee, P-047, 2011, 98 mins. Thailand
- Kleber Mendonça Filho, shorts retrospective: Cold Tropics (Recife Frio), 2009, 24 mins; Luz Industrial Mágica, 2008, 7 mins; Eletrodoméstica, 2005, 22 mins.; Friday Night Saturday Morning, 2005, 15 mins; Green Vinyl, 2004, 16 mins.;The Little Cotton Girl, 2002, 7 mins; Brazil
- Manuel Mozos, Xavier, 1991/2002, 100 mins. Portugal
- Nicolás Pereda, Greatest Hits, 2012, 103 mins. Mexico
- Joana Preiss, Siberia, 2011, 82 mins. France
- Philip Scheffner, Revision, 2012, 106 mins. Germany
- Various directors, graduates of Marina Razbezhkina’s School of Documentary Film and Documentary Theatre,Winter, Go Away!, 2012, 79 mins. Russia
- Eduardo Williams, Could See a Puma, 2012, 17 mins. Argentina
Details about the opening night film and a complete schedule with descriptions will be announced shortly. Tickets for screenings (with the exception of opening night) are included with Museum admission ($12 adults / $9 students and senior citizens). A First Look series pass, allowing the holder admission to the Museum and all First Look screenings for the run of the series, will again be available. All screenings, with the exception of the opening event, are free for Museum members (members receive a discount on opening night tickets). Memberships start at $75 with benefits that include year-round free admission to the Museum and its programs, reservation privileges, and discounts on special programs.
More Articles by This Author...