Corel today kicked off the CorelDRAW International Design Contest. Until June 30, 2013, users from around the world can submit work they created using CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6. With six categories and over $100,000 US in prizes available, this year's Design Contest aims to celebrate the creativity and versatility of the CorelDRAW community.
"The CorelDRAW International Design Contest offers the chance for our users to show their talent and design style to the world," said Gérard Métrailler, Sr. Director, Product Management, Graphics at Corel. "Our users constantly inspire us, and this is our opportunity to highlight their work so they can inspire others as well."
Categories and Prizes
Participants can submit entries into any of the following categories:
- Advertising/Specialty Graphics - Examples of flyers, brochures, logos, signs, banners, awards, engraving, and other designs related to advertising, marketing or point of purchase (POP)
- Vehicle Wraps - Designs for car, truck, boat or other vehicle wraps
- Textile/Fashion Design - Designs for fashion, embroidery and direct-to-garment printing
- General Illustration & Fine Art - Artistic, creative and unique designs
- Student - Designs submitted by students who are formally enrolled in an educational institution
- Bonus Category: Speed Drawing Video - Time-lapse videos showing creation of a design in CorelDRAW or PHOTO-PAINT X6 (max 10 minutes). Designs submitted in another category can also be submitted in this category
Judging will take place throughout July 2013 and Corel will announce winners at the end of August. Three winners, including one grand-prize winner, will be chosen for each category, resulting in a total of 18 winners.
The grand prize winner will receive a Roland VersaStudio BN-20 Desktop Printer/Cutter, free Wilcom Embroidery Studio Designing and $10,000 in cash. Other prizes include products from Wilcom, SkyFonts, Wacom and Corel.
"We're excited to partner with Corel once again in the International Design Contest by offering a VersaStudio BN-20 desktop printer/cutter as grand prize," said Andrew Oransky, Director of Marketing and Product Management, Roland. "With its integrated contour cutting and metallic ink capabilities, the VersaStudio has become a favorite tool among graphic designers, sign makers and apparel decorators."